“Lord, stamp eternity on my eyeballs.” – Jonathan Edwards
- Steroids.js – Okay, as much as this sounds like something that should go into bodybuilding, I’m kinda excited. I have written stuff with PhoneGap and jQuery mobile, and definitely found the performance hit not usable, so I’ll give this one a try. I just got my android developer device too, so it’ll be fun [:
- This 12-year-old kid learned to code on Codecademy, built 5 apps, and is speaking at SXSW – As a Software Developer now, I really wish I got started at much younger.
- 4 Things I Wish I Would Have Known When I Started My Software Development Career – This was a very helpful article, especially as a somewhat new software developer.
- What Would Jesus Say to Miley Cyrus? – This was an excellent article very well-worth reading, very convicting. “Jesus would also remind Miley that in her interview with Barbara Walters in 2008 (go to 6:37) she was convinced that she’d never go as far into sin’s arms as she has.”
- The Importance of Your Gag Reflex When Discussing Homosexuality and “Gay Marriage” – This was a very good post by Thabiti Anyabwile.
- Three Things You Don’t Know About Your Children and Sex – This was a insightful article on the same things I’ve read in the past few years. We need to address it in the church since 25% of women and 20% of men have been sexually abused within the church.
- A Song to Help Us Long for Jesus – One of the first songs I learned to flat pick with. “Yearn” by Shane & Shane
- “Without Jesus” (Shane & Shane) – Most of you know my guitarring style and skill set comes from Shane & Shane. This new video makes it pretty easy to analyze their style. You just need to practice many hours [: I put in my time over the past decade [:
- Half way between G.A. meetings, PCUSA presbyteries approve of everything except ‘repentance of sin’ – “Everything passed, except the amendment that would require those being ordained to repent of sin and make diligent use of the means of grace.” The Presbyterian Church (USA) denomination has replaced their doctrine of the Heidelberg Catechism with their own new one, and it was voted down that ministers have to be repentant and live by grace. Christianity that does not require repentance of sin and the doctrine of grace is not Christianity.
- Alistair Begg – A Warning Against Laziness – A great sermon that was very convicting to me. I’ve grown more lazy as life has become more comfortable than my seminary days. Time to get back into a disciplined life!
- Focus on the Family – Protecting Your Family from the Digital Invasion – “Counselors Arch Hart and Sylvia Hart Frejd discuss the impact of technology’s influx into everyday family life, and help parents to better understand and manage their family’s interactions with digital media.” Part 1 and Part 2
- Up And At ‘Em: Train Early And Reap The Rewards All Day! – Pretty motivational. I’ve been waking up between 6:30am-7am, but he wakes up at 3:45am! I need to step it up and get a more consistent bed time! I love his company’s products as well [: