Bodybuilding Quote: “Though [Arnold] was a big believer in compliments to motivate, his contrarian approach also allowed free use of negative feedback. You’d never cut corners with Arnold or, God forbid, not finish. “If he did his 15 reps and you didn’t do your 15 reps,” recalls Danny Padilla, “it was like, ‘Vat’s wrong, I got to do your reps now?’ What’s up with that? If you can’t hang, go back to something else!'” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- I’ve been researching tech startups, entrepreneurship, and the like. I found these articles helpful:
- How to Go From Google Engineer to First-Time CTO – A developer gives tips on things he wish he learned when he started out as a CTO of a software company.
- The Five Mistakes Startups Make When Building for Mobile – Build natively, optimize backend for mobile, and work with outside resources!
- Michael Brown, Authentic Fire, & John 14:12 – A good rebuttal from a TMS professor to Michael Brown’s response to MacArthur’s Strange Fire book.
- Writing Checks to Mel Gibson – Challies tries to make sure the approach to the upcoming film, Son of God, is balanced. “Remember that God promises to bless the preaching of his Word, not the display of that Word on the silver screen. Don’t expect a movie to do the Word’s work.”
- Does God Exist? 4 Arguments – Youtube clip of the late Frank Pastore. I watched this when it first came out more than a year ago, and he by no means fleshes out the arguments, but they are sound.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Blueprint – Workout program from the Austrian Oak himself!
- Size Made Simple: 4 Ways To Go From Small To Swole! – Use free weights, eat a lot (of good calories), use all the basic supplements, and strive after it!
- Jamie Eason’s Guide To Improving Your Body’s Weak Points – Good advice for building up the weak areas. For me, I always feel it’s chest.
- No, Women Don’t Make Less Money Than Men – This is an interesting article written by a woman. What are your thoughts?