“To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear. But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything. It liberates us from pretense, humbles us out of our self-righteousness, and fortifies us for any difficulty life can throw at us.” ― Timothy Keller, The Meaning of Marriage: Facing the Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God
- Jackie Chan reveals his new K-pop boy group, JJCC – This is kinda weird… and random…
- Visualizing 15 Years Of Acquisitions By Apple, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, And Facebook – Lots of money spent.
- The Strange Saga of ‘Jesus Calling,’ The Evangelical Bestseller You’ve Never Heard Of – via Challies. This was a good read. “A ten-year-old devotional written in the voice of God suddenly became a commercial juggernaut. Now, its publisher is trying to reconcile its New Age origins with evangelical orthodoxy.”
- Strengthen the Things that Remain: Human Dignity, Human Rights, and Human Flourishing in a Dangerous Age — An Address at Brigham Young University – Good talk from Dr. Albert Mohler speaking at a mormon university.
- From Father to Son — J.R.R. Tolkien on Sex – Touching article on the love and care of a father for his son!
- Mark Driscoll Retracts Bestseller Book Status, Resets Life – Hopefully this is a good move. In the past few years, as much as I like his sermons, I feel he has not been above reproach, and shown patterns in his life that disqualifies him as an elder/deacon/pastor.
Here are some articles I’ve read this week that I found pretty good:
- Boost Your Bench Press – Definitely helps the chest when you build out the back. The body wants equilibrium, so it your chest won’t want to be out of balance compared to your back.
- Mass Class Training – A lot of science behind the different aspects that cause hypertrophy of the muscles. The article is basically a transcript of this video: